- Last updated 9/23/2013 -
Respecting the privacy of the visitors using the Site is important to Sentinel Internet Systems, Inc. and its related companies and entities (collectively “Company,” “We,” “Us,” “Our”). The following statements will help You understand how the Company collects, uses and safeguards the personal information You provide to Us on the Site.
1. Acceptance of Terms. By visiting, accessing, and/or using the Site, You acknowledge and agree You understand and accept the terms and conditions of this Policy and to any related rules and guidelines that We post on the Site. We may make changes to this Policy from time to time; We may notify You of such changes by any reasonable means, including by posting the revised version of this Policy on the Site. You can determine when We last changed this Agreement by referring to the “LAST UPDATED” notation shown above. Your use of the Site following any changes to this Policy will constitute Your acceptance and approval of those changes, including any revisions made to this Policy after Your initial review and acceptance of the Policy; provided, however, absent Your express consent, any material change to this Policy shall not apply retroactively to any claim or dispute between You and Us in connection with this Agreement that arose prior to the “LAST UPDATED” date applicable to that version of this Policy in which We included such material change.
2. Jurisdictional Issues. The Site is owned and/or operated by a legal business entity that is located in the United States of America, and the Site is not intended to subject the Company to any non-U.S. jurisdiction or laws, except as otherwise expressly stated in this Agreement. The Site may not be appropriate or available for use in some jurisdictions outside of the United States and if the laws of any foreign jurisdiction are incompatible or incongruent with the terms and conditions of this Agreement, You are prohibited from accessing or using the Site. In choosing to access the Site, You do so on Your own initiative and at Your own risk, and You are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations, including any export controls, embargoes or other rules and regulations restricting exports of Your jurisdiction. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction We choose, at any time and in Our sole discretion, with or without notice to You.
3. Types of information We collect. The types of information that may be collected on or through the Site include: (1) information about each of Your websites for which You provide a URL; (2) certain elements, including page source code information, for each of Your websites for which You provide a URL; (3) information about each web page associated with Your websites for which You provide a URL customer website found pages, including URLs, text content, and HTML source code; (4) personal information You knowingly choose to disclose that is collected on an individual basis (voluntary registration); (5) Site use information collected on an aggregate basis as You and others visitors browse the Site; and (6) Site usage information tied to Your personal information.
4. Voluntary Registration. We may provide You with the opportunity to submit requests for information on a wide variety of products and services offered by certain service providers, including Us and any affiliates or partners (each such service provider, a “Service Provider”; each such request, a “Request”). You may choose to register to receive email newsletters, advertisements or other printed materials from the Company or Service Providers through the Site. When registering to receive these communications, You may be asked to voluntarily provide Your name, email address, telephone number, work address and other pertinent information. You may also indicate topics of interest, which will assist Us in tailoring Site content to Your needs. Visitors who supply information will be included in Our general contact database. You may receive communications from Us or Service Providers consistent with Your registration and Requests. You may opt out of receiving these communications by changing Your registration information to indicate Your preferences.
You may have Your name removed from any of Our emailing lists at any time, by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of every email. If You do not wish to receive communications from the Company, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
5. Log Files. As with most Web sites, We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, on-site bookmarks, on-site subscriptions, clickstream data and site navigation history. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather information about Our user base as a whole. The Company may collect this non-personal information even if You are not registered on any of the Sites. Additionally, the Company may use this non-personal information for various commercial purposes.
We may also link this automatically collected data to personally identifiable information. This information is tied to personably identifiable information to provide You with feedback about Your experiences on the Site and to provide You with information that You may find interesting or informative. The Company may also link this information to a particular individual or combine it with personal information if the Company has determined that it needs to identify a user because of safety or security issues or to comply with legal requirements. We do not share this automatically-collected data with third parties except those that provide direct services to Us to facilitate the upkeep of and services provided thorough the Site.
6. Cookies. To enable Us to offer You the best possible experience when You visit the Site, and to offer continually updated information, We may assign You a unique identification number stored in a file on Your computer. This file is called a “cookie.” Cookies by themselves cannot be used to find out the identity of any user. This unique identification number automatically identifies Your browser to Our computers whenever You interact and browse the Site.
The cookies are used to automatically gather certain usage information like the number of visitors and the frequency of visitors to the Site and areas visited on the Site. We only use such data in the aggregate. This collective data helps Us determine how much Our customers use parts of Our Sites, so We can improve Our Sites to ensure that they are appealing to as many people possible.
7. E-mail Tracking. When You sign up to receive information or mailings from the Site, We may use clear gifs, web beacons or other such e-mail tracking devices to measure the activity of the e-mail, including Your clicking on a link within an e-mail and Your forwarding of the e-mail. This information is tied to Your e-mail address when stored.
8. Information Sharing and Disclosure. The Company does not rent, sell, or share any personal information about individual users with any third party except as may be reasonably necessary to operate the Site, provide the products or services You’ve requested and to send You information consistent with purposes of the Site. However, You acknowledge that Your information may be transferred to a third party in the event of a sale of all or substantially all of the Company’s assets (e.g., merger or acquisition of the Company).
Additionally, the Company collects and analyzes aggregate data regarding individual users of the Site and may use this aggregated data for various commercial purposes.
We occasionally hire other companies to provide limited services on Our behalf, including packaging and mailing, answering customer questions about products or services, sending and tracking postal mail or email and processing data. We will only provide those companies the information they need to deliver the service, and they are prohibited from using that information for any other purpose.
The Company reserves the right to disclose Your personally identifiable information if necessary to respond to a subpoena, court order or other legal process, to defend the Company against legal claims, or if the Company determines it is necessary to investigate or take action in connection with activities that the Company suspects are illegal, threaten the safety of any person or are in violation of these Terms.
9. Credit Card Information. If You choose to donate funds, purchase products, or pay for services offered by the Company or Service Providers through the Site, You may need to provide personal information and authorization for Us to obtain information from various credit services. For example, in addition to the information above, You may need to provide a mailing address, billing address, credit card number and telephone number. While providing this information is strictly voluntary, You acknowledge that Your refusal to provide this information may significantly limit the resources available to You.
10. Security. When credit card or other personal information is provided through the Site, this information transfer be accomplished by establishing a “secure session” using Secure Socket Layer (SSL), or Secure Electronics Transaction (SET) protocols. These protocols encrypt all information before it is sent. The information is encrypted during transmission and decoded once it reaches Our Site.
Other email communications may not be secure unless You are advised that security measures will be in place prior to You transmitting the information. For this reason, You should not send confidential information, such as Your Social Security number, through an unsecured email.